Visualizing Success — by Don Jessop
Visualize your success today!
This is the easy part. You don’t have to use your body for this part, only your brain. For some people, that’s ironically painful. Some folks don’t like using their brains but I am here to promise you that it’s totally easy and totally fun to make success happen before it happens, which virtually guarantees you will experience that same success you dream of.
Here’s how it works: Close your eyes, see what you want, link it in your body, then open your eyes. Just like that.
The next 11 steps go into a bit more detail. Read to step four, before you start.
1. Write down what you want and refine it to a single sentence that tells a short story that’s easily repeatable. For instance: “I want to ride my horse with confidence.”
2. Close your eyes and imagine that perfect experience without the extra thoughts of negative things that could happen. Make the imaginary vision extremely short. “I get on, I experience perfection. I get off and put my horse away.” There could be an hour of unaccounted time in a real situation but for visualizations, it’s important to keep it super short. If you can’t see the vision without extra negative thoughts taking over, you should keep your eyes closed. Wait for the correct picture.
3. Add an anchor. As soon as you see the picture, link your good thought directly into your hands. Literally touch your finger and thumb together. Use an anchor only when you see the perfect picture, not when other thoughts are running around.
4. Pop your eyes open. Opening your eyes at the right time is critical. If you leave them closed, you open the door for other thoughts to come in that aren’t productive. If you open them at the right time, it’s like sealing an envelope on the subject, so to speak. It’s called ending on a good note that your brain can remember for later.
5. Repeat steps 1–4 until it comes quickly and clearly.
6. Write down a few things that could go wrong, again refining them to a single sentence. For instance. “My horse might buck.”
7. Imagine one thing at a time that could go wrong.
8. Now quickly Imagine working through that thing. Example: “I pull on one rein to get my horse to stop, then he calms down.
9. Now, as quickly as possible. Repeat steps 2–4 until you see that healthy fun picture again, and pop your eyes open. There are many, many ways to succeed here. Many techniques, if you know of others, use them. No judgement.
10. Repeat steps 6–9 with that same scenario until you see a clear vision of working through a problem to find the perfect horse, getting off, putting your horse away, anchoring your thumb and finger, then opening your eyes. Repeat until the whole thing is easy and fast. It all happens in a matter of five seconds or less. In reality, it might take forty minutes to solve a problem, in your mind, it should only take a few seconds.
11. Repeat steps 6–10 with different scenarios. Always ending with the picture of a perfect horse in your memory and anchoring that exact thought in your body and mind.
And now you’re done. If you’re clever, you’ll do this exercise for ten days in a row. In total, your mind spends five minutes on the visualizations each day and in return, you will experience more and more of the exact thing you always wanted.
The real tricky part of the whole process is the visualizing of working through a problem to solve it. You might not see strategies in your mind. You may not know of anything to do in reality so there is no reference for the visualization. This is normal but also important. It means that you have to learn what to do. You have to study the technique. Watch others work through the same problem, then steal their success for your own. Study with the best! Join Mastery University.
If the technique, such as visualizing like above, works in accordance to your own conscious mind and you don’t feel it’s abusive in any way, use it and experience success even before you experience it in reality.
For more on visualizations, join the Mastery University.
Take a free tour by scheduling an appointment today.